Report an absence
ATTENDANCE PROCEDURES AT A GLANCE
- If your child is ill, please notify the front office by email or phone prior to 10:00AM. If the office is not notified you will receive an automated call regarding the reason for your child’s absence.
- IMPORTANT--If your child becomes ill during school hours and needs to go home, they must visit the school nurse for state tracking purposes. The nurse will then contact a parent/guardian regarding dismissal.
- If you know in advance that your child is going to be absent for the morning/all day due to an appointment, please contact the front office by email, phone, or written note one day prior to the absence.
- If you know in advance that your child will be absent for more than two consecutive days, please notify the front office in writing (note or email) a minimum of three days prior to the absent in order for your student to obtain assignments they will miss during their time away from school.
- If your child needs to leave school during the day, please have your child bring a note to the office right away in the morning, you may also email or call the front office during the school day. Texting your child will not dismiss them from class. The office needs notification from a parent at least one hour prior to the requested dismissal time.
- With every absence, your child will need to stop by the office to receive a make-up slip (post absence), an advanced make-up slip (pre absence), or a permit to leave the building. Please note: an email, call, or note is required for ALL ABSENCES.
- An example of a written note/email is below.
- Policy 503 Student Attendance
Current Date: ____________________________________________________
Student's Name: __________________________________________________
Date(s) Absent: __________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Name: ____________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Phone: ___________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Email: ___________________________________________
To report an absence in preschool, please call your teacher directly.
Samantha Geving, x4019
Grades K-6 Absence Reporting
- Call 507-867-4521, press 2
Grades 7-12 Absence Reporting
- 507-867-4210, press 2