I would like to give an update for the 2020-2021 school year activities. Many details are still being worked out at the state, conference, and local levels. Most of us are well aware that things change quickly in the COVID-19 era. It is my intent to answer as many questions as possible as they come up, but if I miss something, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to answer your questions.
· Here is a rough outline of the school sports calendar for this year.
- Fall (August 17-Mid October): Cross Country
- Winter (Mid November- Mid March): Dance, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, and Wrestling
- Early Spring (Mid-March- Mid May) New Season: Volleyball and Football
- Late Spring/Summer (Mid May- Mid July): Softball, Track, Golf, and Baseball
- Football, Volleyball, Baseball, Softball, Track, and Golf will be allowed to practice in the fall on a Limited basis. Those Details are not yet finalized.
- End of season events are still a big question mark. Any postseason play will not look like what we have traditionally done.
- Coaches will have protocols for practicing in smaller groups in accordance with MDH guidelines.
- We will have a parent/athlete sign up meeting for cross country Monday, August 10th at 6:30 PM in the HS Gym.
- Any student may play sports in any or all of the four seasons.
- Players must wear a mask to and from practice. Masks can be removed when in action during practice and games.
- Spectators at events will be limited. More details will come later.
- The participation fee is $150. The family cap is $500 per year. If the season is interrupted or canceled, any refund of fees will be determined that time.
- There will be specific transportation guidelines. Those details will be communicated once we determine the number of athletes.
- Players will need their own water bottle at all practices and games.